How does a business go from its founders’ basement to becoming the leading distributor of tile and stone in the world? The basement story itself may sound vaguely familiar, but the takeaways here are no less important: the value of taking risks and the long-term impact of creating a mission for both the fledgling company and its employees themselves.
MS International, Inc. (MSI) has grown to a one-billion dollar company with over 1,800 employees since its basement founding in 1975. In this episode of Expert Opinion, Co-president Raj Shah talks to BrandingBusiness Founding Partner Ryan Rieches about MSI’s recent rebrand.
- When is the right time to join the family business (2:05)
- Lessons learned from the founders (6:13)
- The value and foresight in taking a big risk (13:52)
- Involving employees in your mission has become relevant to recruiting top talent (16:15)
- Measuring the success of a branding initiative (18:56)