Brand strategy determines which brand elements will be redesigned, organized, and deployed in service to the business plan. It encompasses all touch points that shape market perception and behavior including:
- corporate identity
- naming, nomenclature and message systems
- product branding and the use of brand lines
- brand portfolio structure (brand architecture)
- visual systems
A successful brand strategy always benefits from a strong brand that stands out from its category – one that’s relevant and believable because it's built on credibility and a compelling truth.
Brand positioning, by contrast (and complement), attempts to identify your company's most powerful unique attributes and combine them into a distinct customer promise.
How BB Does It
Your brand position must be relevant, believable and defendable to thrive. A strong brand stands for something and the most compelling brands claim the highest ground – they own a mindset. Volvo and safety. Nike and performance. Harley-Davidson and freedom. Energizer and longevity.
- assess your critical capabilities, resources, and assets
- review your strategic business, marketing, and sales plans
- determine your strengths and weaknesses
- audit your brands and branded communications
- survey your corporate identity practices
- conduct a broad assessment of your company’s reputation
- identify relevant economic and industry trends
Once distilled and analyzed, the data from this phase yields insights and implications that enable us to identify your unique brand position and develop a brand strategy that supports business performance.
Need brand strategy and positioning help? Contact us now or call all us at (949) 273-6330.