Peter Bohenek is the President and Co-Founder of Rhythm Interactive, a full-service digital marketing agency located in Irvine, California. With more than 17 years of marketing and business strategy and development experience, Peter and the team at Rhythm Interactive take a strategic approach to all digital marketing campaigns to ensure client objectives and business goals are met. Learn more about Rhythm Interactive by visiting www.rinteractive.net, @rinteractive and www.facebook.com/rhythminteractive.
In RiechesBaird’s recent radio show exploring the attributes clients look for in a marketing partner, Tim Williams – the founder of Ignition – a consulting firm dedicated to helping marketing agencies create additional value for their clients, shared insights around the traits that lead to successful client-agency relationships.
As the President of Rhythm Interactive – a full-service digital marketing agency – we hear from many of our current clients and new referral clients that the characteristics Tim highlights in the show (and listed below) are what led them to choose Rhythm as their marketing partner.
I wanted to take some time to echo the points that Tim brings up in the radio show as well as add some of my own.
- Look for an agency partner that is efficient in their work process, project management and technology. Ask the marketing agency how they work with clients to manage deliverables, milestone approvals, and overall team communication.
- Many agencies claim to be “integrated”. This means they should be able to offer a full-spectrum of marketing services including traditional, digital, video, mobile applications, social, etc. Agencies that collaborate with other agencies to provide the full package offer a major benefit to the client as it’s difficult, if not impossible, to be an expert in every possible marketing channel.
- Look for an agency with experienced talent. Service proposals should talk to team member backgrounds, roles, and related skills. If they don’t – ask.
- Look for an agency that is not afraid to experiment in new channels. Things are moving rapidly when it comes to new technologies, platforms and marketing vehicles. Agency partners should be aware of the latest trends and newest opportunities and be willing to take risks to generate results.
- Your marketing partner should always be sharing their expertise and thoughtful recommendations for ways to enhance efforts and to achieve business goals. A partner that is continuously reviewing results of marketing efforts and refining strategies to drive additional engagement, traffic and sales is a partner who is vested in your overall success.
- Many agencies claim they are results driven. Ask them for proof of past client performance and ask them how they will prove your ROI and what type of reporting will be presented and analyzed.
- Customer service is huge. Look for an agency partner that is really there for you. Can you call and talk to your Account Director? How long does it take for someone to get back to you?
- Look for an agency partner that stands firm on their deliverables and sticks to deadlines. If deadlines are constantly missed and promised deliverables not presented, you may want to break up with your agency.
- Have some fun with your agency partner. Why? Cause laughter stimulates creativity and in general makes the world go round.
If you’re looking for a dedicated marketing partner to help you create effective brand experiences and achieve your business goals, come meet the team at Rhythm Interactive. Give us a call today at 949.783.5000.