How To Develop Corporate Core Statements
What are Core Statements?
- Purpose Statement: Why a company exists.
- Vision Statement: What a company aims to achieve.
- Mission Statement: How a company plans to achieve its vision.
- Value Statement: What a company stands for and how it behaves.
- Positioning Statement: How a brand differentiates from its competition.
What are the benefits to developing core statements?
- Strategic alignment at the executive level
- Clear direction to everyone throughout the entire company
Most companies do not have a clear vision. Most executives don’t understand the definitions of or difference between a corporate vision, mission or purpose. This overview provides a viewpoint on definitions and benefits but most importantly illustrates how core statements can work together to rationally and emotionally unite an organization and drive growth.
Learn more about the author of this post, Ryan Rieches.